Friday, May 11, 2012

Gratitude

As I sit and reflect on the week that has passed since I made my big announcement, a surge of emotion takes hold. Relief. Happiness. Fear. Tired. Hopeful. Carefree. Anxious. Energized. Paranoid. Juxtapositions in and of themselves, none of which can sufficiently summarize what I really feel.

There have been very few moments in which I can recall not thinking about the future-- what may happen next, or questioning if I will make the right decision(s). And I spend a lot of time worrying about scenarios that I know are just plain ridiculous. But when I sit and try to calm my inner voice, one adjective becomes so evident I smile and start to cry at the same time. And that is because of gratitude.

Mash-up by me using a print from the lovely Jen Ramos // Cocoa and Hearts

I've been so focused on the future that the present has been turning into quite a blur. So I want to take a moment to just be. And most importantly, to thank everyone- my friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone that may stumble upon this. The outpouring of love, support, calls, texts, messages, tweets, likes, comments, and cheers (literally with drinks in hand) I have received have been overwhelmingly positive. I feel so lucky to know so many wonderful people and humbled that so many of you have taken the time to reach out in one way or another. It's because of you that I can relish in the present and be happy for what I have today, regardless of what happens in the future.

So T H A N K  Y O U-- from the bottom of my heart to the tips of my abnormally long toes. You guys rock.

Happy weekend! xx

1 comment: