Monday, January 30, 2012

The two-part golden rule.

I first stumbled across these words almost three years ago. I immediately fell in love with the simple message and minimalist design. After months of having a screen shot as my desktop background, I decided to invest in a limited edition print as a permanent fixture in my home.
Image courtesy of Anthony Burrill
Anthony Burrill's woodblock poster is my ultimate golden rule, especially for the workplace. Yet, most of us can create a mental list of people who struggle to balance these two principals. No matter how stressful things get, common courtesy and respect shouldn't be an afterthought. It's important to recognize the difference between being bitchy vs. aggressive, strong vs. stubborn, and kind vs. weak. And if you need a reminder, you could could always hang one on your wall

No comments:

Post a Comment