Thursday, March 15, 2012

If you are what you eat: be a Shamrock Shake

Inspired by the fabulous creations I seem to always pin from Polyvore, I decided to create a new feature highlighting two of my favorite things: FASHION & FOOD. Everyone's heard of the saying "you are what you eat", so what better way to epitomize the saying by taking it quite literally and creating satirical outfits based on my never ending craving for good food.

The first in the series is dedicated to the spirit of St. Patrick's Day. My hometown of Rochester, NY goes absolutely CRAZY during the weekend leading up to the holiday. I'll be hosting a party of my own before taking to the streets of my downtown neighborhood to share in the festivities. Only I'll be sporting a much more relaxed outfit [re: theme t-shirt, orange flats, & huge sequin hair bow] since the day's celebration is reminiscent of an all-day college frat party rather a fashionable cocktail hour.
Add caption
Blouse | Necklace | Clutch | Shorts | Shoes (which I have and love!)

Plus, I love this look for its ability to hit on multiple trends without trying to hard:
  • Color Blocking
  • Pastels
  • Statement Necklaces
  • Metallic Accessories
Speaking of Shamrock Shakes, if you do go to McDonald's do yourself a favor and order a Thin Mint by requesting half Shamrock half Chocolate. And for those of you that are fast-food phobe (like me), click here for a copycat recipe, which also happens to be a MUCH healthier alternative.

How will you be celebrating St. Patrick's Day? And what will you wearing?

2 comments:

  1. I will be wearing you on my arm so either way I'll be looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete