In other news, I am leaving bright and early to go on my very first ski trip. You could tell from my awesome image, right? I am leaving in just a few hours but I honestly have no idea where I am going. Yes, you read that correctly. I am leaving for four days and have absolutely no idea where I am going. Or staying. Or really what we'll be doing for that matter (besides hitting the slopes). This is my first time giving up all control over a vacation/getaway and just going with the flow. I have to say it feels pretty good and I am excited to see what is in store. Especially considering my most free-spirited friend in the world (Nancy, I am referring to you) semi-planned it and I am just tagging along. Here is what I do know:
- We are going to Stowe, Vermont. I've never been to Vermont so I am sure the image I have of Ben & Jerry's on every corner and a state that smells of Birkenstocks is completely off base.
- We are staying in a house that will most likely be way to small for the 12-14 people going. Who knows if Josh and I will even have a bed.
- It will take approximately 8 hours to get there. Wherever "there" is. Good thing I am not driving.
- There will be copious amounts of beer, wine, food, and laughter. Honestly, that was the selling point for me.
- I will be the worst skier, by far, and will probably need to scoot down the mountain on my butt more than I would ever care to admit. But at least I will look cute in all my sweet gear.
- I didn't pack a single pair of heels. Or 18 different outfit options for the matter. I am also quite proud of myself for not over-packing for the very first time.